McIntosh Valve Amplifiers
In 1946 Frank McIntosh, a design consultant for broadcast and TV stations, hired Gordon Gow to help him design a high power, low distortion amplifier needed for his clients. This amplifier would become the 50W-1. It included McIntosh’s first patented circuit, the Unity Coupled Circuit, still used by current products.
In 1956, the company moved to its current location of 2 Chambers Street, Binghamton, New York.
Dave O’Brien joined McIntosh in 1962. He lead the McIntosh Amplifier Clinics for the next 30 years.
McIntosh created a Loudspeaker division 1967.
One of McIntosh amplifiers biggest claims to fame is the fact they were used at the Woodstock Music Festival in 1969.
McIntosh 40 Tube Amplifier
McIntosh 240 Valve Amplifier